Centennial College's Performing Arts Fundamentals program will provide you with the foundation to explore a wide range of career opportunities in the performing arts. You'll develop core skills in music, theatre and dance, but can customize your program experience through advanced elective courses and express your talents in collaborative, multidisciplinary performance projects. You'll also attend shows and network with leading industry professionals throughout Toronto's cultural hub and will leave the program with a personalized, professional video portfolio to help launch your career or explore additional performing arts education options.
As a graduate of this arts certificate program, you'll have the opportunity for direct entry into Centennial College's School of Communications, Media, Arts and Design programs such as: Dance Performance (two-year diploma), Music Industry Arts and Performance (three-year advanced diploma) or Theatre Arts and Performance (three-year advanced diploma). Minimum grade requirements will apply.Program Highlights
- Studio courses will be offered in all three core disciplines: music, theatre and dance.
- Specialized elective courses will allow you to either focus your training or broaden your horizons by trying something new.
- In interdisciplinary ensemble classes, you'll collaborate with your peers to create, remix or produce original multidisciplinary performances.
- Opportunities will exist to attend shows throughout the Greater Toronto Area, network with leading artists and producers, and create your own critiques on a video blog.
- You'll benefit from personalized professional coaching on audition skills, resume writing, career management and financing.
- You'll graduate with a professional headshot and show reel for your personal portfolio.