Hanze University of Applied Sciences, Groningen (Hanze UAS), is the largest university of applied sciences in the Northern Netherlands. We were also the first university of applied sciences to found an International Business School in the Netherlands. Moreover, we are the only large higher education institution in the country with both an art academy and a conservatory of music.
The strategic policy plan 2021-2026 'Committed and agile' sets out what we will be working on as a university of applied sciences over the next five years. The Northern Netherlands is a powerful, enterprising region with Groningen as the healthiest city in the Netherlands. The region is a forerunner in the energy transition, has a European exemplary role in the field of active and healthy ageing and, as an agricultural region, has many opportunities for the development of the circular economy.
Based on four social assignments, we are working on three strategic ambitions:
- We offer suitable learning routes with recognised qualifications to anyone who wants to develop themselves.
- We conduct practice-oriented research with a visible impact on education and society.
- We are a learning, agile and accessible organisation.
- The Netherlands - Top education destination
As Hanze UAS is located in the Netherlands, by choosing us you will be studying in a country known for high quality education and research, as well as a highly international study environment.
- University of Applied Sciences - Learning by doing
We are a university of applied sciences. In other words, an institution of higher education offering profession-oriented study programmes.