One current world concern is how life can continue on a sustainable basis. Three important factors are food, energy, and water supply. Sustainable Energy & Environment, under the Chemical Engineering Department, focuses on energy, particularly renewable energy, energy conservation, the environment, water resources and prepares the human resources needed for these developments, for Indonesia and for the world.
Practical Uses of Studying Sustainable Energy & Environment in Everyday Life Our current world concern is how life can continue on a sustainable basis. This mainly refers to the fact that fossil fuels are predicted to run out in 2060 and the world temperatures continue to rise. Not to mention, this is also compounded by the fact that for the past centuries many industries are not environmentally friendly and contribute to harm the earth.
Imagine what the future of our descendants will be like if the earth gets warmer, climate changes, fossil fuels run out. Life can become very uncomfortable. Starting from this, the condition of the world in the future is getting more attention. Currently, many ways are being done in order to save the earth, many industries also compete to be able to produce products in environmentally friendly ways so as not to harm the earth. Industries that are starting to move more environmentally friendly include oil & gas industries, chemical and petrochemical industries, manufacturing industries, bioenergy industries (palm oil), and many more. That is why many people nowadays start to study sustainable energy and environment.
Why in SGU?
- The first study program in Indonesia that focuses on both the sustainable energy and the environment fields.
- The opportunity to receive a Dual Degree by having a 1 (one) study semester at SGU’s partner university in Germany.
- The opportunity of doing practical work (internship) locally and overseas that will provide you with an extra edge in the job market
Every year SGU Sustainable Energy and Environment fly students to Germany. In semester 5 you will learn about aspects of the Environment at our partner the Ernst-Abbe-Hochschule Jena-University of Applied Sciences campus. Then in semester 6, you will conduct an internship program in Germany for one semester for the field of new renewable energy and the environment.
Here are some lectures that you’ll learn In the Sustainable Energy and Environment program:
- Basic Sciences (Chemistry, Physics, Math)
- Chemical Engineering Principles
- New and Renewable Energy: Solar, Wind, Hydro, Hydrogen, Bio Energy
- Energy Management
- Environmental Science: Waste Treatment, Environment & Process Metrology, Water Purification