Please Wait
Logo
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University

BA (Hons) in Social Policy and Social Entrepreneurship

BA (Hons) in Social Policy and Social Entrepreneurship Regular Class
Universitas123 - Akademik

Profil

Programme Aims&Learning Outcomes

We prepare our students to be professionally competent, versatile, adaptive and reflective, helping them to meet the fast-changing needs of society. The programme curriculum is designed to cultivate students’ humanistic values and equip them with the knowledge and skills necessary to become competent human service professionals in their chosen fields. Through wide exposure to different domains of knowledge and interdisciplinary issues, students are able to think from different perspectives and solve complex problems in real-life situations. Our graduates show a strong commitment to the betterment of society and humankind and are competent in the flexible and creative use of information, resources, knowledge, and practical skills in professional practice.

Programme Characteristics

Students are provided with opportunities to pursue professional study plus a significant component of study in other areas to cater to their different learning needs, interests and abilities.  In addition to providing subjects that build basic interpersonal and communication skills and enhance students’ ability to work with uncertainty, this programme has a strong social science foundation, designed to develop students’ critical and analytical thinking and broaden their knowledge.  The Department offers overseas study opportunities in the forms of placements, exchange programmes, study tours, etc.

Students admitted to the Scheme complete a common curriculum in Year 1 and start to pursue the professional study from Year 2.  The Scheme programme offers the following Awards/Majors:

  • BA (Hons) in Social Work; or
  • BA (Hons) in Social Policy and Social Entrepreneurship

The top 55% of students with outstanding HKDSE results will be guaranteed of a free choice of Awards/Majors when they receive the Notice of Offer from PolyU.  The remaining 45% of students will be admitted to the Awards/Majors subject to their choice, overall GPA of year one study and interview performance.  Students will be invited to rank their choices of Awards/Majors (from the most preferred one to the least) during the semester 2 (probably before final examination) of their Year One study for the department’s consideration and approval.


Click Here to Learn More

Universitas123 - Berita

Lokasi

The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Utama

The Hong Kong Polytechnic University

The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong

User Profile

Universitas123