Centennial College's Graphic Design program, which has a graduate employment rate that exceeds 80 per cent, will prepare you for a multidisciplinary design career. Facilitated at the Story Arts Centre, the courses in this advanced diploma program will take a hands-on approach in an intimate studio environment, rather than having you sit passively in large lecture halls. With small class s, you'll have lots of opportunities to work one-on-one with your professors.
In this college graphic design program, you'll:
- Master industry-standard Adobe software including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign;
- Learn creative problem solving and design thinking;
- Design for print, including advertisements, magazines, books and packaging;
- Design responsive websites, mobile apps and create exciting motion graphics
- Explore drawing, photography, illustration and type design;
- Learn professional practice skills to land a great job or start your own design business;
- Contribute something unique and innovative to the design community in a thesis course;
- Learn on the job and get course credits through an industry field placement in your final semester;
- Interact with industry professionals;
- Become a student member of the Association of Registered Graphic Designers of Ontario (RGD Ontario);
- Learn from professors who are up-to-date and professionally active in the design industry.
The Graphic Design program will develop your abilities to:
- Think creatively and design effectively for print, motion and interactive media;
- Professionally execute your ideas in any medium;
- Effectively communicate with employers and clients;
- Start your career in any facet of the design industry;
- Market yourself as a freelancer or start your own business;
- Effect social change through your design problem-solving skills;
- Understand all aspects of industry standard workflow, from initial creative, through to print production or interactive prototyping.